City of South Salt Lake


Add To My Quick Links

Utility Billing

WaterThe City of South Salt Lake’s Public Works Department provides water, sewer and/or garbage services to many of the City’s residential and commercial properties. Depending on the location of the property, utility services may be provided by a combination of entities, including Salt Lake City Water, Jordan Valley Water Conservancy District, Mt. Olympus Improvement (Sewer), and various garbage removal companies.  

How to start/stop services


Property owners are required to complete and sign an owner application and bring owner card into City Hall along with government issued photo identification card/driver's license. Should the property be leased out and the tenant required to pay for utility service, we also require the owner to sign an authorization form allowing the tenant to put the bills into their name. (See Downloads to the right). Owners are ultimately responsible for all outstanding charges not paid by the tenant.


If the applicant is a new tenant, they must:

  • Complete and sign a tenant agreement (See Downloads to the right.)
  • Bring tenant card into City Hall along with government-issued photo identification card/driver's license.
  • Make payment of a security deposit (currently $75 or 60 days which ever is greater) prior to an account being transferred into their name.


  • If the meter has been turned off, there will be a reconnection fee ($25.00-$65.00).
  • If garbage cans need to be delivered, there is a one-time fee of $25.00 plus the prorated amount of billing. All fees must be paid prior to service being rendered.
  • Special permits may be required for inspection of non-qualifying residential units.


Please don't hesitant to contact us....we are here to serve you!

Related Information


Monday - Friday
8 AM - 5 PM

220 East Morris Avenue
(2430 South) Suite 200
South Salt Lake City, UT 84115-3200
P 801.483.6074