PLANNING AND ZONING
Planning and Zoning is responsible for planning the future of South Salt Lake City by administering and amending the General Plan, the Municipal zoning code, adopted master plans and all other aspects of land use in the City of South Salt Lake.
Please contact staff with any questions. Applications are available upon request and predevelopment consultation.
- Change of Address
- Conditional Use Permit
- Design Review
- General Plan Map Amendment
- Land Use Map Amendment (Zoning)
- Ordinance Amendment
- Nonconforming Use Determination (grandfathering)
- Subdivision Plats
- Petition to Vacate (public property)
- Predevelopment Consultations
It is the applicant's responsibility to provide a complete application. Each application includes a checklist of required items that must be submitted at time of application. Applications are processed in the order they are received. Applicants of complicated or unusual projects are responsible for all 3rd party costs.
Once plans are submitted, they are subject to compliance reviews by various city departments and may be returned to the applicant if found to be inconsistent with the requirements of the South Salt Lake Municipal Code. Application submission is no way guarantees placement of the application on any particular agenda of any city reviewing body.
Thank you for your interest in our city.
- Predevelopment Consultation
- Submit applicable application & checklist
- Staff review of application and applicant revisions
- Public Meeting/Public Hearing
- Completing conditions of approval (i.e. subdivision plat, development agreement, public improvements, bonds, etc.)
- Apply for a building permit
- Certificate of Occupancy
- Apply for a business license
To aid you in navigating the development and permit process, South Salt Lake offers predevelopment consultants on Wednesday afternoons, by appointment. This is your opportunity to meet with a Planner, a Building Inspector, an Engineering inspector, and the Fire Marshal.
Please fill out and submit the Predevelopment Meeting Application. Complete applications must be submitted via hard copy to our office. If you have any questions, please contact Jeff Attermann at 801.412.3224.